Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market
Property Types (active listings)
The city of Minnetonka Beach is a unique lakeside village with an intense focus on community, heritage, and character. Minnetonka Beach is a boot-shaped peninsula on Lake Minnetonka on both Crystal and Lafayette Bay, with 230 homes and around 540 residents. It is a small city with loads of charm with its pre-war era homes, gorgeous lake views, and a commitment to keeping the Village residential. The historic Lafayette Club and St. Martin's Church are the only non-residential businesses in Minnetonka Beach. Careful city planning and engaged residents help maintain open spaces and parklands and preserve the "Village" atmosphere.
Browse Minnetonka Beach Real Estate Listings
Click the links below to sort results by price range.
- Minnetonka Beach is one of the smallest incorporated cities in Minnesota, with only 296 acres in the city.
- Minnetonka Beach Dock Program is a large draw for non-lakeshore homeowners. The city licenses through the Lake Minnetonka Conservation District and has 86 docks of varying sizes available to its residents. The residents must apply every year for the slips, but word has it that once you have a slip, it's yours to keep as long as you remain a resident of Minnetonka Beach.
- The Beach has its own City Hall and Post Office but uses the City of Orono's Police and Fire Departments.
- Minnetonka Beach residents are in the Orono School District, within 10 minutes of the District's sprawling campus.
- The lake location, small-town feel, engaged residents, and access to the Orono School District make Minnetonka Beach a highly desirable and in-demand area to buy a home.
ORONO SCHOOL DISTRICT
Minnetonka Beach is located in the Orono School District and is a top-rated school district that serves Independence, Long Lake, Maple Plain, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, and Orono.
The only dining option in Minnetonka Beach is the Lafayette Club, which is a private club. Part of the charm of Minnetonka Beach is its old-time village feel and lack of commercial buildings.