Real Estate Statistics
Property Types (active listings)
- The city of Shorewood is located in Hennepin County and has a population of roughly 8,000 people.
- The city of Shorewood encompasses three islands on Lake Minnetonka: Enchanted, Shady and Spray.
- Shorewood is nestled between the towns of Excelsior and Tonka Bay with a majority of its lakeshore on Gideon Bay.
- Shorewood is 6 miles long and one mile wide with over 3600 acres.
- In 2016, MSN.com listed Shorewood as the richest town in Minnesota with a median household income of $113,719.
- The location and ease of access to Minneapolis makes this a popular location for commuters.
- The city of Shorewood is served by the Excelsior Fire District and the South Lake Minnetonka Police Department. The islands are served by Mound Fire Department and SLMPD. Shorewood is an extremely safe place to call home with an almost nonexistent violent crime rate.
Browse Shorewood Real Estate Listings
Click the links below to sort results by price range.
Shorewood is primarily residential with only a few retail and commercial offerings. The abundance of parks and greenspace makes this close in city feel rural. The majority of the lake homes in Shorewood face North overlooking Big Island.
PARKS AND BEACHES IN SHOREWOOD
- Badger Park
- Cathcart Park
- Crescent Beach
- Freeman Park
- Manor Park
- Silverwood Park
- South Shore Community Park
MINNETONKA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Shorewood is located within the Minnetonka School District. The Minnetonka Public School District is among the highest performing school districts in Minnesota and the nation and proudly serves families in all or part of 10 communities: Minnetonka, Chanhassen, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood, Tonka Bay, Victoria, and Woodland. In addition, students from 45 other Minnesota school districts attend Minnetonka schools through the state's Open Enrollment program.