Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||57|
Property Types (active listings)
- Shorewood is located in Hennepin County and has a population of roughly 8,000 people.
- The city of Shorewood encompasses three islands on Lake Minnetonka: Enchanted, Shady, and Spray.
- Shorewood is nestled between Excelsior and Tonka Bay, with most of its lakeshore on Gideon Bay.
- Shorewood is 6 miles long and one mile wide with over 3600 acres.
- In 2016, MSN.com listed Shorewood as the wealthiest town in Minnesota, with a median household income of $113,719.
- The location and ease of access to Minneapolis make this a popular place for commuters.
- The Excelsior Fire District and the South Lake Minnetonka Police Department serve Shorewood. Mound Fire Department and SLMPD serve the islands. Shorewood is a highly safe place to call home, with an almost nonexistent violent crime rate.
Browse Shorewood Real Estate Listings
Click the links below to sort results by price range.
Shorewood is primarily residential, with only a few retail and commercial offerings. The abundance of parks and green space make this close-in city feel rural. The majority of the lake homes in Shorewood face North overlooking Big Island.
MINNETONKA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Shorewood is located within the Minnetonka School District. The Minnetonka Public School District is among the highest-performing school districts in Minnesota and the nation and proudly serves families in all or part of 10 communities: Minnetonka, Chanhassen, Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Shorewood, Tonka Bay, Victoria, and Woodland. In addition, students from 45 other Minnesota school districts attend Minnetonka schools through the state's Open Enrollment program.
PARKS AND BEACHES IN SHOREWOOD